Such a busy weekend!
Wrote the last two chapters for the second in the Beloved of the Beast - a few readers of Unleashed wanted to know just what happened after Wulfgar left Heinrich and Bettina in that locked room-- just wait!
And then,... I finished up Interstellar Matchmaker #3 - Hank and Darcy. Oooo, Allura is stirring things up even more.
I thought I'd take today, Monday off. Oh, no. Tina and Jake decided that their story couldn't wait any longer - and just like that - 9k is done on their story - Interstellar Matchmaker #4. At this rate, I'll have it done by the end of Labor Day Weekend.
Annnnd.... my busy brain is also working on the first of another series that I'm hoping will be a Winter series - but no snow bunnies here. The setting? A privately owned, by five families, tropical island. Who wouldn't want a Caribbean get away when the flurries are flying?
Plus--- Interstellar Matchmaker #2 will have a release date soon. Stay tuned!
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
While I am deep into the writing zone, cooking actually comes as a welcome break. I love to try new things. These mini apple turnovers are the perfect distraction and pretty awesome to munch on! Here's the recipe with photos!
1. Mini apple pies/turnovers - two fridge pie crusts, one can of apple pie filling and spices. I used apple pie spice to keep it simple.
2. Let pie crusts come to room temperature -about 15 minutes. I used a pie cutter to quarter each crust
3. For easier 'stuffing' I dumped the apple filling into a bowl, cut them into smaller pieces and sprinkled the spice on top then mixed.
4. A couple spoonfuls and fold and pinch.
5. Smear butter, sprinkle spice and pierce
6. Bake at 375 for 23 minutes. A bit leaked out but my apartment smells heavenly