ABBY GORDON

ABBY GORDON

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

IN THE KITCHEN WITH ABBY

While I am deep into the writing zone, cooking actually comes as a welcome break. I love to try new things. These mini apple turnovers are the perfect distraction and pretty awesome to munch on! Here's the  recipe with photos!

1. Mini apple pies/turnovers - two fridge pie crusts, one can of apple pie filling and spices. I used apple pie spice to keep it simple.


2. Let pie crusts come to room temperature -about 15 minutes. I used a pie cutter to quarter each crust


3. For easier 'stuffing' I dumped the apple filling into a bowl, cut them into smaller pieces and sprinkled the spice on top then mixed.


4. A couple spoonfuls and fold and pinch.


5. Smear butter, sprinkle spice and pierce


6. Bake at 375 for 23 minutes. A bit leaked out but my apartment smells heavenly

No comments:

Post a Comment