ABBY GORDON

ABBY GORDON

Sunday, October 1, 2017

New Start!

Alrighty then! No caffeine and I'm galloping off like a herd of turtles. Yup, no specific direction at no speed. Sigh.

I've done quite a bit of preparation for my Month of Cleaning and Clearing. I went through all the cabinets, the fridge and the freezer. Tossed out what wasn't on the 'approved' list for October - okay, I ate the ice cream, because, well Fudge Ripple! And let things run out - like the creamer I love for my coffee. There were leftovers that I made into a slow cooker 'everything in the pot' soup. It's a bit bland, but delicious and filling and since I hate throwing away good food, I feel better about it.

I've reworked the grocery list to get this Friday on payday - lots of fresh veggies, not as much meat, chicken and seafood as I would normally get, but it's labeled organic, so I'm hoping it tastes better. The total should be about the same for not as much. I figure if I'm eating better, that's all right.

The Cleaning and Clearing mode isn't just in the kitchen though. I went through my make-up and overhauled it. I kept picking things up and wondering 'when did I get this?' Some things were months' if not years' old (I'm a semi-hoarder) so quite a bit went straight into the trash can I'd cleverly put by the dresser. It's not easy to do, but... to know that what I've got is new/freshly opened, stuff I like and will wear and, most importantly, is flattering, well, it's a good feeling. I'm looking forward to a more streamlined prep time tomorrow morning! No more fumbling around, muttering to myself looking for the color I want. It's all right out in front ready for me to choose.

Now, time for 30 minutes walking and 30 minutes of yoga, then writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment