ABBY GORDON

ABBY GORDON

Saturday, October 15, 2016

October crafts with Abby

What to do when there are high winds and the threat of thunderstorms? I get crafty and pull out projects kept for just such times. With three cats (and three sons now flown from the nest) the furniture has a bit of wear and tear. So, I came up with a way of covering up the damage and adding to my seasonal décor.


First project – updating the ottoman for the rocking chair – I decided on one pattern, measured the ottoman and added a couple extra inches to tuck under. At each corner, I sewed small strips of elastic to hold it in place and… voila, a new cover.



Second project – this one took longer – I used ‘fat’ quilting squares and sewed them together to go around the sides. Taking a remnant of the material used for the ottoman, I cut that to fit the top, with extra for the hem. And… done.




I don’t think upholstering will be a second career, but I like the results and am already looking for material that will fit with my winter/Christmas decorations so I can do more over Thanksgiving.

Bonus? Panda Bear approves. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment